Fashion blogging can often create a façade. You see me 100% of the time doing what I do maybe 20% of the time. With an 80% gap, there’s a lot more to my life and who I am as a person. So in the last few months, I decided to include more of my personal life in my blog. I started with The History of Hot Dress Hot Mess and continued with What My Life is Actually Like outside of blogging. Today, I’m going to continue shining light on the other 80% of my life with 20 facts you might not know about me.
1. I spent 10 years of my adolescence as a competitive gymnast
2. I did not win best dressed in high school…and I really wanted to
3. I had braces…twice.
4. When I was 10, I was able to convince my parents to get a pomeranian by writing a 5 page research paper. (Citations not included. Heart shaped border art and 16pt font, included).
5. My room growing up was bright purple and I created collages from fashion magazines that went from the floor to the ceiling.
6. I am obsessed with Mindy Kaling. She is my hero,
7. Hard boiled eggs are my cryptonite. Nothing makes me run in the other direction faster.
8. My sister used to pack my lunch in the morning before school because I’d run out of time from switching my outfit so much.
9. My most regrettable fashion choice was when I was growing up was conforming to what other kids thought was cool or what boys would like. (Insert high school Bailey trying to find her way in life).
10. I used to hate my thick eyebrows. So I waxed them thin. Then had to painstakingly grow them back.
11. I think I’ve seen every episode of The Office at least 10 times.
12. Skiing is one of my favorite things to do and I confidentially out-ski most of the boys.
13. My parents forced me to do cross country in high school which I found out was just a legal form of physical torture.
14. To toot my own horn, I might be the world’s best Crash Bandicoot player on the original Playstation.
15. I disinfect my phone every night because I’m afraid of germs getting in my bed.
16. I’m deathly afraid of getting hit by a t-shirt from one of those t-shirt guns at basketball games.
17. I am weirdly obsessed with pretzel chips.