As December draws to a close, we start looking ahead to 2018. I am constantly asked, “what are your New Year resolutions” and I envision all the things I am going to do better and change. I’m quick to file away everything I learned, accomplished, struggled with, and enjoyed. Lately, I’ve been trying to be more mindful, reflective, and present in the moment. So before I write my new year’s resolutions, I’m going share how to productively reflect on your year by asking yourself 10 questions to set yourself up for a successful and happy 2018!
The first step is to grab a pen and paper and set aside 30 minutes to concentrate. Be prepared to do some self reflection so fill up a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and let’s get started!
Reflection – 10 minutes
- What in 2017 brought you the most happiness and why?
- What are you most proud of accomplishing? (At work, in relationships, personal life)
- Who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
Dig Deeper- 10 minutes
- What struggles did you overcome?
- What did you learn from handling painful or disappointing situations this year?
- What important goals did you fail to achieve, and why? And, how can you improve?
Looking Forward- 10 minutes
- What did you learn about yourself that you didn’t know a year ago?
- After reflecting about 2017, what changes could you make to be happier?
- What parts of yourself do you wish to expand and strengthen, and let out in the world?
- What role models and supportive people do you want to connect with more deeply?
Each year is made up of highs, lows, struggles, and accomplishments. It’s important that we look back and give ourselves credit where we exceled even if it’s as simple as being a good friend or reading more books. So before we ring in the new year, here’s to 2017!
Shop the Look!
Fun fact: I snagged this blouse from a vintage shop, Artifact, for $8!